The Cleveland Z Club was originated in 1999. Bonnie Swirsky was the club founder, originally known as ZACO (Z Association of Cleveland, Ohio). In 2008, the club hosted the International Z Car Convention (ZCON) event in Cleveland, Ohio - the only Ohio-based Z club to have done so.
Fast-forwarding to today, the current officers include:
- PREZIDENT: Karen Karl
- VICE-PREZ: Bonnie Swirsky
- ZECRETARY: Mary Williams
- TREAZURER: Joanne Palicka
- ZOCIAL/WEB: Chris Karl
- TRIPZ LEAD: James Roark
We participate a variety of Z community events:
- The ZCCA annual convention, aka "ZCON" - www.zcon.org
- Branson Z Fest - www.bransonzfest.com
- ZDayZ - www.zdayz.com
- Midwest Z Heritage - www.midwestzheritage.com
- ...and many other local and regional car events
The club strives to mix social events, motorsports and car show activities on it's calendar every year.
Regional favorite "off-season" activities include:
- January - "After the HolidayZ Party" - White elephant gift exchange, food and upcoming season discussions.
- February - social gathering, sometimes bowling and dinner out as a group
- March - group Go-Karting
Our Northeast Ohio "Z" season tends to start as the snow is gone for good in mid to late April:
- April - Cleveland Z Club "Tech Day", a fun event of working on our cars and getting them ready for the Z season ahead.
- May - typically involves ZDayZ in mid-month and Branson Z Fest at the end of the month. Sometimes a Cars-n-Coffee and/or other local car shows
- June-Sept. - usually group drives, sometimes our "Covered Bridges Tour" in Geauga/Ashtabula counties.
ZCON and Midwest Z Heritage are typically held during this season.
Z Picnic event at Mr. Fisco's retreat across the border in PA.
...and assorted other cruise-ins and local shows make our event schedule.
Curvy Roadz Adventure in southern Ohio (Marietta).
- October - typically, Z Nationals occurs in Atlanta, some of our members have made this weekend-event for it's track day and car show.
- November - either late October or November, we usually have our Club "Banquet" event, signifying we're near the end of the season.
After Thanksgiving gathering typically happens the weekend directly after the holiday.
- December - ad-hoc social gathering, tends to be a lighter month for club activity with folks travelling and snow starting to fly.